- Plain black leather (not suede or casual style)
- No boots (covering ankles) or trainers. Shoes must fully cover the top of the foot
- Trainers are not to be worn to or from the Academy
OUTDOOR COATS / RAINWEAR
- Plain navy or plain black coats or jackets. Please note that these are not to be worn inside the school building.
- No denim, leather or hooded tops, no patterns, insignia or other colours
- Safety stripes are allowed but no other patterns
HOODIES ARE NOT ALLOWED AND WILL BE CONFISCATED
TIES / SHIRTS/JUMPERS
- The Academy expects a smart standard of uniform and requires all pupils’ ties to be worn with the Haberdashers’ crest clearly visible below the knot
- Blouses or shirts to have the top button fastened and to be tucked in at all times
- V neck jumpers are optional but may not be worn in the place of blazers
- Only a watch and one small pair of plain gold or silver studs, worn only in the ear lobes, can be worn at the owner’s risk
- No other studs, no other jewellery or badges.
- No facial/body piercing.
- Hair ribbons, slides, etc. must be plain (navy or black) and one colour only
- Small beads of one colour only are allowed
- Hair to be a natural colour only, smart and business-like
- Hair longer than shoulder length must be tied back
- Extreme or unkempt hairstyles and shaved eyebrows are not allowed as these are not appropriate for the Academy
- Any facial hair should be kept well-trimmed
- No make-up or nail varnish should be worn. No false/acrylic nails
HATS & SCARVES
- Scarves can be plain navy or black
- Winter pull-on woolly hats, in plain navy or black, may be worn to and from the Academy
- Baseball caps are not allowed and will be confiscated if worn
- In summer, plain blue/white sun hats or white style cricket hats only may be worn for cricket, or for extended periods of sport
- No other headwear is permitted to be worn in the Academy unless it is for religious reasons or because of a medical condition. In these cases written confirmation is required from a parent/carer which will be kept on the pupil’s file
- A sturdy rucksack-style bag, with two straps for carrying books, plain navy or black only
A full list of uniform requirements can be found in the handbook.
The Academy uniform suppliers are:
244a Lewisham High Street
London, SE13 6JU
Tel: 0208 852 8967
The uniform can be purchased:
- directly from the Whitehall Clothiers Shop in Lewisham
- online via www.whitehallclothiers.co.uk and delivered free of charge to the school for your collection
- online via www.whitehallclothiers.co.uk and delivered to your home address for a charge
Whitehall Clothiers also hold a uniform shop in the secondary school hall for one week during each summer holiday. Please contact the school office for the dates of the next uniform shop.