The Designated Safeguarding Team at Haberdashers’ Crayford Academy is:
Ms Kate Atwell, Vice Principal - Designated Safeguarding Lead
Mr Neil Harrington, Safeguarding & Welfare Officer - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
PC Maria Evershed, Bexley Safer Schools Officer
Concerns should be emailed to our confidential email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Useful link to the Bexley Safeguarding Partnership for Children and Young People: bexleysafeguardingpartnership.co.uk
As an academy, we subscribe to the SAFER BSCB recommendations, actions and outcomes:
Sustainable – we aim to develop a system for safeguarding and protection that is durable for the long term.
Accountable – we hold ourselves and our partners to account for the decisions we make and the services they provide.
Feasible – we aspire for excellence but will only promise what is achievable.
Evidenced – we will seek evidence of the effectiveness of our work and our partners’ work.
Respect – we will respect the voice of the child as central to our work and ensure a child focus in our activity.
Support systems to improve wellbeing and personal development within our school community
At Crayford Academy the well-being of our young people is of upmost importance. To allow them to achieve their full potential we offer a range of services internal and external (listed below) to ensure every pupil has the same opportunities to succeed when they leave our care.
- School Counsellor
- Peer mentoring programme
- Wellbeing programme
- Creative Arts and Play Therapy
- Haberdashers Manners and respect programme
- Mindfulness within character and development
- Careers workshops
- Lunchtime gym sessions
- Charlton Athletic Community Trust - mentoring support
- Bexley Moorings - Befriending services and CBT
- Porchlight – Counselling & therapeutic support
- Bexley Targeted Youth Services – Mentoring support
- St Giles – Gangs and serious youth violence mentoring support
- Family Wellbeing – Family support
- Horizons – Refocus programme and long-term placements