Crayford Academy is rated Good by Ofsted
We are delighted that Crayford Academy was rated a 'Good' school by Ofsted in January 2023.
- School praised for being place where pupils learn how to become active citizens
- Pupils are part of a strong and inclusive community. They meet the high expectations placed on them and have positive attitudes to learning
- Strengths include our “broad and ambitious curriculum” and the provision of a "high-quality education"
Crayford Academy was rated 'Good' in all areas in its latest inspection by Ofsted on 30 November and 1 December 2022. The full report will be available on the Ofsted website soon - we will add a link to this here when this is live.
The inspectors found that:
Pupils at Haberdashers’ Crayford Academy are part of a strong and inclusive community. They respect each other and show kindness and consideration to all. This is a school where pupils learn how to become active citizens.
Leaders provide pupils with a diverse range of opportunities to develop their talents and interests.
Other highlights from the report include:
- leaders have developed a broad and ambitious curriculum
- teachers have good subject knowledge and they help pupils to remember what they have learned before
- pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) access the same curriculum as other pupils
- reading is prioritised at an early stage and schemes like the 'reading buddy' scheme with sixth formers, helps develop ready fluency and comprehension
- high priority is given to pastoral care and personal development
- there is a strong culture of safeguarding and arrangements are effective
Crayford Academy Performance Table